(1) What information do we collect?We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
1. Information about your visits to and use of this website;
2. Information about any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website;
3. Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us, and/or leaving guestbook comments, and/or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications.
(2) Information about website visits using CookiesWe may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website and to improve the website's usability.
We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website and to improve the website's usability. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
The only cookie currently used by this website is StatCounter which simply tracks visitor activity on this website. These stats help us understand how people are interacting with the website and to help us improve its design and functionality. The StatCounter analytics cookie is called "is_unique". This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the site. No personal information is stored in the cookie.
You may set your browser to refuse/accept StatCounter analytics cookies by visiting Statcounter and following the instructions given by clicking HERE. You will also find information about how to adjust cookie settings for specific browsers e.g. Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari etc.
You can also change your cookie settings using this website's Cookie Control system by clicking on the triangular button at the bottom right of your screen where there is more information on cookies and how to control them.
Currently Smartfix operates an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that if you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive the Statcounter cookie.
1. Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
2. Provide other organisations with statistical information about our users - but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
1. To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
3. In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(5) Security of your personal dataWe will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(7) Third party websitesThe website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.
(8) Our contact detailsPlease click on Contact Us for our contact details.
(1) IntroductionThis disclaimer governs your use of our website; by using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full. If you disagree with any part of this disclaimer, do not use our website.
(2) Intellectual property rightsUnless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all our intellectual property rights are reserved.
(3) Licence to use websiteYou may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website, provided that:
1. You must not republish material from this website (including republication on another website), or reproduce or store material from this website in any public or private electronic retrieval system;
2. You must not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, visit, or otherwise exploit our website or material on our website for a commercial purpose, without our express written consent;
(4) Limitations of liabilityThe information on this website is provided free-of-charge, and you acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of this website and the information on this website.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we not commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on this website is kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill).
Our liability is limited and excluded to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. We will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising under this disclaimer or in connection with our website, whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise - including, without limitation, any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings.
However, nothing in this disclaimer shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.